My PVC Troll Bar!

Don't know how to do something? Check here first

My PVC Troll Bar!

Postby flashsplat on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:01 pm

As I mentioned in another post, I've been working on a troll bar for my boat. My idea came from various sources. One of which was Joseph being that he actually has a troll bar made out of PVC :)

I'm not going to break down every detail but I'm hoping that the pictures will show you what I did. If you have any questions about it I'd be glad to help out. At most, this thing probably cost me $50, and the best part is that it's removable :)

Here was the beginning of my design. I didn't want to drill into my boat, but i wanted something secure:

In hine sight, I should have swapped the placement of the hole and the slot that drops over the cleat:

Here is how it's secured to the boat, and that sucker ain't going no were:

The rough draft:

After I got everything setup I didn't like how the 2" pipes were sitting in the Wye fittings. They were not going down far enough. I didn't feel confident putting my rods on it. To remedy this, I ran 1.5" PVC down the middle, wrapped it about 5 times with duct tape (My hero!) to make it tight and then bolted it to the fitting, and to the 2" PVC. Now it's solid! I also spray painted the PVC and trimmed the excess off of the bolts:

This next idea I got from Whistler @ catfish1.com
http://www.catfish1.com/forums/f184/drifters-pvc-rod-holders-1702.html
I made 5 Rod holders out of 4" PVC:

Put it all together and you've got something so beautiful, bugs were dieing to get a closer look.. (seriously had like 50 dead bugs on this thing after a drive down the highway):

Everything feels really sturdy and I can't wait to do some trolling with it. Now i just need a remote controlled trolling motor :P
-Chris
flashsplat
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Boat Type: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TF - 60HP

Re: My PVC Troll Bar!

Postby Joseph P. on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:39 pm

just in time for winter! Looks good
Joseph P.
Joseph P.
CHSC MEMBER
CHSC MEMBER

Boat Type: 1900 KW

Re: My PVC Troll Bar!

Postby flashsplat on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks Joseph! I tooted around the lake a little yesterday and it was able to drag an umbrella rig with no problem. Not to sure what would happen if it snagged a fish though lol...

Need to get me some planner boards now I suppose...
flashsplat
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Boat Type: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TF - 60HP

Return to Instructions & How-To's