How to attach or embed an image to your post.

Don't know how to do something? Check here first

How to attach or embed an image to your post.

Postby flashsplat on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:37 pm

We've enabled the 'img' tags on posts, so now their are 2 ways to display an image in your message: 'Upload Attachment' and with the 'Img' option.

How to upload an attachment:

Important notes (from previous how to):
- Each picture needs to be 1 MegaByte or less in size. The Message Board will reject any single picture over 1 MB.

- In order to be fair to everyone (and be nice on Server Disk Space) each User has a Quota of 20 MB. Keep this in mind when uploading new attachments. You may need to remove old pictures from your profile in order to upload new pictures.

- If your picture is LARGER than 800x800, the Message board will display a "Download" link. When you click it, the picture opens in a new window. This will make viewing the Forums easier on those connecting to the Internet via Dialup.

(1) When you post a reply or a new topic, below the save, preview and submit button there are 3 tabs:

(2) Obviously, your going to want to pick "Upload Attachment". On that tab you will see a few options. Click on "browse":

(3) Browse your computer for the image you would like to attach, select it, and click "open":

(4) Now you will see the file you select listed in the "filename" box. You can type a comment for the file, and then click "Add the File":

(5) You can do this multiple times and attach several images. You will see the images you have attached at the bottom of your post:

(6) When you submit your post, you should see them at the bottom. You can also use the "place inline" button to show you attachments in various places throughout your post.

How to embed an image in your post:
* To do this, you must have your image uploaded somewhere online. Most people use a place like photobucket.com, or their own web host. This option is not recommended for your less savvy computer operators.

(1) You must have you image uploaded on the web. Please see the note above. As this is different for every web host, I will not be able to go into detail on that.

(2) Type out the location of your img:
http://www.eve-in.com/pictures/others/monster_bass.jpg

(3) Highlight the location and click the "img" button. This will put 'img' tags around the location of your file:

(4) When you submit your post, this image will display wherever you added it in your message. For example, all of the images in this post were added using the "img" option.

===
Hopefully that is helpful. If you have any questions please post them here so that others may benefit from it.

Thanks,
Chris
flashsplat
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Boat Type: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TF - 60HP

Re: How to attach or embed an image to your post.

Postby r.taylor on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Chris, can you call me sometime @ ###-###-#### ?

Thanks,
Ralph
r.taylor
Non-Member

Boat Type: Sea-Pro 170CC

Postby flashsplat on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Sure, i'll try to call you when I get off of work. I removed your # from your post so that you don't get any prank calls ;)
flashsplat
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Boat Type: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TF - 60HP

Postby Tigerwolf1961 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am

I show no Attachments Tab. Please reply regarding same.
Tigerwolf1961
Non-Member

Boat Type: Lund
Call Sign: None

Return to Instructions & How-To's